We know that during uncertain times, one question gets asked most often - "Is my money safe at the bank?" We would like to reassure you that because banks like ours are backed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), your money is safe and secure in your accounts at Investors Community Bank. FDIC insurance protects all types of deposits at an insured institution up to $250,000. Regardless of what’s happening in the markets, your Investors Community Bank deposits are protected.
While you may feel more secure having extra cash on hand in times of crisis, we encourage you to withdraw only what you need, and continue to use debit cards and credit cards to access your funds.
“We advise against withdrawing a large amount of money to keep in your home,” said Tim Schneider, CEO, Investors Community Bank. “Once that money leaves the bank, it’s no longer protected. If you had a large amount of cash in your home and it was misplaced, stolen, or destroyed due to something like a fire or flood, you’d have no recourse. The best place for your cash to be during a time like this is in a bank with FDIC protection.”
Though our lobbies may be temporarily closed, there are still many ways Investors Community Bank can help you access cash when needed, conduct transactions, monitor your accounts and pay bills during this crisis:
- Visit our drive-through or night depository in Green Bay, Manitowoc, and Stevens Point, Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- In Appleton, utilize our night depository
- Visit one of our surcharge-free ATM’s
- Use online or mobile banking to transfer funds both within ICB and externally, deposit checks, review transactions and pay bills.
- If you have specific questions or needs, give your nearest branch a call and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns you have. We are here to guide you through these uncertain times as we look ahead to better days!