At Investors Community Bank, giving back to the communities where we live and work is at the heart of who we are. We are proud to support the organizations, nonprofits and people who help our communities thrive and make them great. In 2020, here is how we have been able to do that:
Each year we are committed to providing financial support for the many nonprofits in our communities, whether through donations or sponsorships of their events. In 2020, Investors Community Bank donated $407,213 to numerous nonprofit organizations within our footprint. Additionally, in the three years prior (2017-2019) we supported our communities through sponsorships and donations in the amount of $1,210,168.
COVID-19 related support
Now more than ever we knew the community needed our support, and we offered the following COVID-19 related programs in 2020, in addition to the financial support referenced above:
- Food Bank Donations: We donated $28,500 to area food banks in our markets.
- Wisconsin Dairy Promotion Program Hunger Task Force: We donated $10,000 to this program, which takes unprocessed milk from farmers, has it processed then delivers it to food banks. Our executive team and board personally supported it with another $17,000.
- Fueling the Frontline: Our program provided food to some of our community’s frontline workers, prepared and delivered by our restaurant customers. 410 meals were delivered to two hospital systems; plus we had boxed lunches, bakery or ice cream delivered to law enforcement in Portage, Brown, Manitowoc and Outagamie Counties.
- Small Business & Nonprofit Grant Program: We partnered with the cities of Manitowoc and Two Rivers, Manitowoc Public Utilities, the Chamber of Manitowoc County, and Bank First National to offer a $500,000 Small Business and nonprofit COVID-19 Relief Fund. Investors Community Bank contributed $50,000 toward the grant program.
- Nonprofit support: Through a partnership with The Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB), we provided $20,000 in grants to local nonprofits.
- Small business grant support: Also in partnership with the FHLB, we provided $21,000 in grants to minority and women business owned customers who have been struggling during the pandemic.
Employees making a difference: Community Impact Program
Each year ICB provides every employee with $200 to give to a charitable cause of their choice on behalf of the bank. Our intent is to empower employees to make a positive impact in their own way and support a wide variety of area organizations we otherwise may not have been aware of.
Below are our 2020 numbers, and since the program’s inception in 2014 we have donated close to $200,000 through the Community Impact Program.
Employees making a difference: Volunteering
Our employees love to volunteer! All bank employees are granted 4 hours of paid volunteer time to be used during regular work hours, volunteering for a nonprofit organization. While our numbers were down in 2020 due to the pandemic, we are still proud of how our employees stepped up to volunteer their time for local nonprofits:
- 2018 - 214.75 employee volunteer hours
- 2019 - 261.50 employee volunteer hours
- 2020 - 185.00 employee volunteer hours
At Investors Community Bank, we continually look for ways to make a difference in our communities and provide volunteer opportunities for employees. Other initiatives include:
- School supply donations
- Thanksgiving food drive
- Christmas adopt-a-family program
- Donation of unused furniture to area nonprofits
- Power of Community Week Project
- #10GallonChallenge milk donations to help area farmers and food pantries
- Junior Achievement volunteers
- Community Blood Drive